Watchmaking in Geneva. A symbol of the world-famous Geneva watch industry, the well known flower clock, located at the edge of the Jardin Anglais (English Garden) since 1955, is a masterpiece of technology and floral art.
Formerly only decorative with its sole dial composed of over 6,500 flowers; the new millennium provided it with decisive artistic dimensions thanks to the talent of the gardeners of the Service of Green Spaces and Environment.
It is now composed of eight concentric circles, the colours of which vary with the seasons and with the plants which make up the display.
The second hand of Geneva's Flower Clock is the largest in the world with its 2.5 meters!